Introduction to Revenue Management
This course will provide you the basic knowledge of revenue management. Participants will look at the principles of revenue management and understand the principles that drive it. They will understand what a Revenue Manager does as part of their daily routine.
Introduction to Revenue Management
This course will provide you the basic knowledge of revenue management. Participants will look at the principles of revenue management and understand the principles that drive it. The course will explore the different concepts that make up this fascinating topic, including game theory, pricing approaches and the psychology behind pricing. At the end of this unit, you will have a solid grounding in the principles of revenue management and pricing.
Why Take This Course?
- The course is composed of recorded videos, a practical exercise, executive interviews and readings offering you solid financial concepts and theories.
- The content is based on the modules delivered in EHL’s MBA in Hospitality program.
20 Lecture Videos
1 Practical Exercise
2 weeks online courses
- Learning facilitators available for participant support
- 100% online, self-paced, and accessible whenever and wherever
- Certificate of Completion delivered by EHL Hospitality Business School
- Course content curated by EHL faculty and experts
What is revenue management
- Introduction to Revenue Management
- Revenue Management game
- Revenue management game outcomes
- The principles of revenue management
- Prisoner’s dilemma
- Game theory and best rate guarantee
- Price discrimination
- Rate fences
- The psychology of pricing
The assessment can range from multiple choice quizzes (MCQ) to more open-response evaluations, like a case study.
Certificate of Completion
Who should apply?
This course is designed for young hospitality professionals who are looking to learn fundamentals of revenue management in hospitality.
There is no admission requirement to enroll in this course.
To enroll, choose the desired intake and fill in your personal details. You will receive an email with the payment link. You are accepted in the course only upon receipt of payment.
We must receive payment at least five days before the start of the course. Late enrollments can be accepted, but with no guarantee of attendance.
Most asked question
The course is available for self-study over a 2-week period.
Each course is composed of recorded videos, interactive exercises, and readings. The course is delivered fully online, allowing participants to study when they want.
- This course provides an introduction to revenue management concepts, and can be followed by the Revenue Management for Market Leaders online course which reviews more advanced concepts. You will be eligible for a discount on the course fee of the Revenue Management for Market Leaders course if you have completed the Introduction to Revenue Management course.
- A couple of day before the start of the course, you will receive your credentials to join the learning platform. EHL has developed an internal learning management system based on Moodle.
You will be able to pay through the payment platform Flywire which provides various payment methods, no hidden bank fees and offers favorable exchange rates. The link to the payment platform will be provided after the enrollment form.
At the end of the 2-week course, participants are required to take a final assessment. Upon successfully passing the assessment, participants get a certificate of completion from EHL.
Depending on the course, the assessment may range from multiple choice quizzes (MCQ), where only one answer is correct, to more open response evaluations, like a case study.
To successfully pass the assessment, participants must get a minimum of 60% of the total points available. You can either PASS or FAIL a certificate, no numerical grades will be officially reflected in the certificate
Retakes are not available at the end of a program if you fail the final assessment. If you wish to retake the final assessment, you need to re-enroll for the next available session.